- Figure out what is stressing you. Is it something you can change? What is the true source?
- Be careful not to put blame on a secondary source when in reality the primary source is causing the stress. (in other words: don’t quit your marriage just because you haven’t dealt with something else that is truly bothering you – this will take some soul searching)
- Change: there are plenty of areas you can change in your life without throwing away a lot! Diet, exercise, attitude, volunteer, shop, study a new language and more.
- Spend some time on you!
Here are some tips and techniques to help you manage your anxiety:
- Know your anxieties
- Write them down
- Visualize a better situation
- Positively Affirm yourself: “I am…(insert positive statement that applies)”
- Diet and exercise: take good care of yourself – it will really take care of you in return (and your worries!)
- Seek support – if you need help – look for it – talk to someone – look online or in the phone book. Help is only a call away!
Learn by example. Watch and listen to others that have gone through hardships. Read books – you will read about someone that is worse off then you and who made it through. There are many success stories and free programs that will help you realize your strengths and stay away from anxiety.
Anxieties are a part of life but they don’t need to be the foundation of yours. You are strong and smart and you have come a long way – give yourself some credit – you deserve it!
Manage stress well and take the reins – they are yours to take – no one else will do it for you. Good luck – you are on the road to health and wellness and you will be so happy for all the work you do for yourself.