The title is one that can truly be applied to your life. Our lives can be much simpler if we learn to merely focus on what is more important. As women we tend to add a multitude of things to our lives because we are known as multi-taskers but we need to learn how to trim down on the obligations we take on. When we can accomplish that small task we will be much happier.
Now in order to accomplish a simpler life we can apply some of the following tips:
- Reduce the Clutter - you will be amazed and how much more at ease you will feel when you have reduced the unnecessary clutter. Truly assess the clothes in your closet and instead of thinking that the style will come back or that you are planning to lose weight, remove the items you no longer use. The same goes for the piles of magazines with the design ideas or recipes you hoped to use. Instead, rip out the pages, and place in a folder and recycle the magazines.
- Electronics/Gadgets – It’s amazing how many remote controls we will accumulate. Consider obtaining one that will work for all your items such as television, DVR, DVD player, stereo, etc. Have you looked at your kitchen counters lately? How many of those appliances do you truly use? Consider removing the ones you don’t use and enjoy a clean and clutter-free kitchen counter.
- Using a calendar – sounds easy enough but you’d be surprised how actually keeping track of all your appointments will help you better assess your schedule. This is also an opportune time to re-evaluate all the activities you or your family are involved in. Do you truly have to attend each and every activity? Sometimes we as moms feel that we must entertain our children with many activities when in reality they are much happier staying home. Removing the excessive activities will help you and your family relax, enjoy your family time and have less stress.
- Learn to say ‘No’ – this may be perhaps the most important tip of all. Again we as women and moms, fall prey to every invitation and feel obligated to participate. It is much easier for you and your family if you learn the simple word , ‘No’. If that is difficult to say, try this phrase- ‘I simply can’t say yes to that’. Notice how you are not coming out and say the word ‘No’ but you are not saying ‘Yes’ either.
- Make time for you – it is very important to make time for you. It can simply consist of taking a bubble bath or setting time aside to read your favorite book or magazine. Whatever it is that will make you relax and avoid all the craziness that may be going on around you, it is wise for your health and the sake of those around you. If you need to get up 30 minutes earlier or stay up longer in the evenings, do it! You will see the changes in you, your family and those around you, when you implement this simple yet very important tip.
Living life simply is one that is very rewarding. When you do so, you eliminate many of the useless cares and are able to focus on what’s really important to you. Give it a try!