The stress of your day-to-day activities can really take its toll! It’s very possible for mental exhaustion to become just as unbearable as physical exhaustion. In fact, many people say that being at a mental low point is actually worse than being at your lowest physically.
Stressful living can cause your muscles to become tight and worn and your mind can become so drained that you just you need a time out. One of the easiest ways you can experience the relief you seek is by receiving a professional massage.
Great Massage Ideas If You’re Mentally Drained
There are several types of massage and techniques. The massages you choose can target the very areas of your body where you’re feeling the strain.
Try these types of massage for different kinds of relief:
1. Aromatherapy massage. Any massage therapist you speak to will tell you that an aromatherapy massage is one of the best ways to ease mental stress, tiredness, and lack of focus. In fact, it is often referred to as a stress reducing, energizing and relaxing type of massage.
- Lavender is one of the most commonly used essential oils for aromatherapy massages because it has excellent relaxation properties.
- With aromatherapy massages, one or more scented plant oils will be rubbed onto your body and continuously massaged throughout your skin.
2. Shiatsu massage. This is an excellent Japanese massaging technique that relies on the pressure from the fingers as they work with pressure points to produce the mental relaxation you need.
- Each pressure point is compressed for up to eight seconds to allow energy to flow throughout the body.
- Although the pressure against the points is firm, it doesn’t result in muscle soreness; instead, you’ll feel mentally and physically at ease and relaxed.
Massage Options for Sore, Tired, and Tight Muscles
You may experience sore, tired, and tight muscles from doing rigorous exercise at the gym, gardening, or sitting at your office desk for too long.
Fortunately, your muscle aches and pains can be easily relieved with the following massage techniques:
1. Hot stone massage. The massage therapist will place smooth heated stones on certain parts of your body. The technique is very effective for loosening tight muscles. The therapist will apply very light pressure to the stones. The heat itself will comfort you and get your muscles back to peak performance!
2. Deep tissue massage. This type of massage is ideal for painful and tight muscles, as well as areas affected by muscle strains.
- Deep tissue massage targets deeper layers of muscle.
- The therapist uses slower strokes across the grain of the muscle.
When you feel the need to rejuvenate your mind and body, you can count on these massage techniques to do the job. Your body, mind and spirit will be enhanced by a professional massage. It will renew and refresh those aspects of your being that need the most attention. After your massage, you’ll wonder how you could have gotten along without them!